Volunteering with Us
Voluntary Staff are the life blood of the hospice without whom we simply could not function. By joining us you will become a valued member of our team. The contribution of a volunteer’s time is priceless to us.
There are many ways in which you can volunteer including:
- In-house Volunteers
- Butterfly Boutique helpers
- Complementary Therapists
- Fundraising and Event Helpers
There are many ways you can make a difference and show your support, whatever you choose to do will be really appreciated by everyone at the Hospice. It’s not all about giving money.
Top five reasons to volunteer
- “It’s such fun and I have made so many new friends”
- “I wanted to give something back to the local community and this is so worthwhile”
- “Volunteering is such a rewarding experience, it gives me so much personal satisfaction to be involved in helping others”
- “Having used the services I wanted to give something back. There is something very special about Bedford Daycare Hospice.”
- “I love being busy and meeting people and I can fit volunteering driving in with the many other activities I do now that I have retired.”
A Volunteer’s Story by Jennie Arnold
Imagine a place where people always feel safe and wanted, where people smile and laugh, share thoughts, welcome each other with open hearts, experience an inner warmth and where age is no barrier, where you can be at ease knowing that privacy stays private, where emotions are shared and understood without question or judgement.
A place that feels more like a relaxed home with a large family, where wellbeing is important, where experiences are shared, real friendships are formed, and laughter is genuine. These, and a feeling of fulfilment and usefulness are just some of the endless reasons I’ve volunteered with my various dogs, firstly Duffle then Amber and now Jaffa for so many years at this special place, and I hope to continue for many more to come.
I count myself so lucky to be able to help each time I walk through the door at Bedford Daycare Hospice.